Journaling is an old art now renewed. People use journals for a variety of methods to record thoughts, track exercises, keep passwords, write freely, self-help, self-improvement and the list goes on. I’ve created a series called the Love Journal Collection. You can see the rest of them over here:
I was reading somewhere that you should create your characters first, develop their individual conflict within the story, etc. I try to follow a planned process, but then there are times when I may free write just a little. I agree that you must follow a defined process in creating a story with a nice flow. What do you do?
Trying to decide what to write about. Here are several broad topic prompts to get you started.
- Expertise – do you have a special skill, or knowledge base that people want to know about?
- Interest/Passions – skating, canning, gardening, photography, golf, etc.
- Experiences – surviving a challenging time in you life, workplace, travel, etc.
- What’s hot or trending (look at google trends for ideas)
- First mover (yup be the first to write a quality piece on a topic)
- Information gap (people are looking for simple, or technical, or researched information on a topic)
Still struggling, then write about the events of the day, or discussions you’ve had with people, a problem you solved, anything odd, a question for which you need an answer, a video or movie you recently watched, anything funny, etc By now your mind juices will be flowing
Thanks for getting, “I Love You More..” Following are other silly poems you can enjoy with your child (children).
I Love You So Well
I love you,
I love you,
I love you so well.
If I had a peanut
I’d give you the shell.
5 Little Valentines
5 little valentines just for you
The first one says, “My love is true.”
The second one says, “You have my heart.”
The third one says, “We’ll never part.”
The fourth one says, “Won’t you please be mine?”
The fifth one says, “‘Til the end of time.”
And this one from here: http://www.loveblender.com/poetry/valentine.html
Chipmunks jump, and
Rather burst than
Not be with her.
Bluebirds fight, but
Bears are stronger.
We’ve got fifty
Years or longer.
Hoptoads hop, but
Hogs are fatter.
Nothing else but
Us can matter.
If you liked these, Great! Please like my book on Amazon, and if so inclined leave an honest review. All comments on this post are welcomed.
Well it’s approaching another holiday Thanksgiving. Now today I am thankful as we have finished publishing the 1st book in the series and it will be available for free download this week.
Assessing how I feel is easy. I’m proud of my family, I excited and very grateful.
After you download it please like and tag it as well. Of course reviews will be appreciated. Please help me make this available to others by sharing this message.
At this point, I just want to encourage anyone sitting on the fence about getting started, STOP. If you die before you get it done, you will be another statistic who takes all their gifts to the grave.
Here is one of my current projects. The guys on the cover are my grandsons. And yes they do love basketball. My son-in-law is the author. I worked with him on this writing project which will be a series.
All I can tell you is that if you are waiting for the perfect time, place, or you think you can’t. STOP IT. All of us have a story to tell, there are people with the skill set to help you bring it to life.
So what are you waiting for, join my list as this will be published on Amazon. I’ll send you a notice of the free kdp days. Now back to my other projects.
Writing is like exercise. You have to keep doing it to improve, have creative flashes, and see long term results.
So I just want to put up this teaser for my next writing project. In about 10 – 12 days, I will have partnered to bring this book to life. So keep in touch.
I launched my book on the 5th with KDP and it did okay for downloads. However, here are some tips to implement prior to your launch.
- Make sure you have a an ebook cover. Although you can load your book up to Amazon without one, before you launch you definitely want to have a snazzy cover. There are many places where you can get software to create one or you can use a site like Fiverr for outsourcing.
- If you utilized CreateSpace for it’s print on demand, they have a great ebook cover option in its platform. It’s pretty easy to follow and there are several videos, and support if you need help.
- Have several reviews for your book before you launch, as that will provide social evidence of the quality of the book. There are a number of legitimate ways you can get a review for your book that are whitehat.
- Write a good description for the book, that clearly tells people why they should want to read it.
I am onto my next project, a children’s picture book which will be published in the next 2 to 3 weeks.
Like any busy person, I got a little sidetracked. Just a tad. Okay a lot. I’m back on track and here’s my update. I am using a process that appears to be really good. At this point I can’t say it works or give total credibility to the product since I’m in the middle of my own promotional process.
I’ve decided to make this book a KDP selection which you will be able to download it for free on October 5, 2012.
The Kindle Book free download day will also be promoted to the top 10 kindle sites. Here is the link to the book:
Oh, and in case you are wondering if you make money with the free kdp day – you don’t, but your book can get into the hands of a lot of other folks who will share it with their friends. Then there will be folks who just buy it because they want it in their personal library.
Enough about me, are you making progress? Have you not only decided to think about that awesome book inside of you, but also take some action and get started. If not, stop reading stuff, turn off the television, get off the phone and get going.
I’ll tell you what happened on Saturday October 6th.